[This is Part 3 of 7]
Check out other parts:
Create Windows PE media
Windows PE or pre-installed environment is the environment that you can boot from and do administrative tasks on your installed O.S.
- On the ADK machine, go to start > Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment CMD as an administrator.
- Type the following, Specify either x86, amd64, or arm:
copype amd64 C:\WinPE_amd64
- This will create a folder on the ADK machine on the C:\ drive root called WinPE_amd64
- Install Windows PE to the USB flash drive, specifying the drive letter:
MakeWinPEMedia /UFD C:\WinPE_amd64 F:
- In our case, we are working with virtual machines, so we do not want to burn WinPE on a USB, we want to generate ISO, so we will type the following command to generate an ISO on the root of the C drive:
MakeWinPEMedia /ISO C:\winpe_amd64 c:\ winpe.iso
Now, you have an xml file called CopyProfileunattend.xml that you have generated from the ADK SIM tool. You also have the ADK machine ready and setup. Now it is time to move to the reference virtual machine and work on it.
Check out my YouTube Windows 8 Advertisement 2 minute Video :